There are lots of things we wish we had the courage for in this life, aren’t there? But there is the most important thing we own that many people never think is of greatest importance. That is having the courage to be our authentic self. As professional women we spend a lot of time thinking about how should we behave in the boardroom, should I take up golfing so I could become part of the team, or how do I dress for the next executive conference, but never understand how to have the courage to be their authentic self. When it comes time to be responsible, they end up blaming their decisions on others, rather than realizing they are the owner of their behavior.
Authenticity is a buzzword we hear these days. Is this because we are drowning in in-authenticity? Advertising slays us to be bigger, faster, and better. Women are living their dreams with more purpose than ever before. The focus isn’t on accumulation of wealth, but living with their authentic self. This is where having the courage to live life is not always the easier road to travel.
We know in our hearts there is something missing in our lives. We also know that life can be rich, satisfying and meaningful. This past year mom passed away. She had been fighting ovarian cancer for a few years. I found the courage to reduce my workload and spend time with her. In front of me was a dwindling savings account and an uncertain future. At the end of it all I didn’t feel one ounce of regret.
You get to choose. Once you come to realize you have the courage inside you to choose ~ instead of choosing what you think others are choosing for you, you become your authentic self. You shape and design your life. Learning how to listen to your heart takes practice. It’s not as simple as it sounds, but it is possible.
This is what works for me. Give it a try.
- With courage you do what you want. Your life is a blank piece of paper. Its up to you to put a design to paper and make it happen.
- Stop blaming others. If you don’t like what’s happening around you, then make a change.
- Don’t allow others to design your destiny. The responsibility is yours. What you accomplish is up to you to take it seriously and find the courage to make it happen.
- Focus on your values and being your authentic self. We don’t live life in a vacuum and we need to be self aware about our beliefs. Once you find your courage the power is in your hands. This power transcends everything you design for your life.
- It’s a privilege to have the freedom to shape life however we want. Take your courage seriously and don’t mess it up. If you’re like me I want to live my life deeply fulfilled knowing I have left a legacy for other women to follow.
About Connie Pheiff
Connie Pheiff is the Unstoppable Diva, an internationally recognized Mentor, Speaker, Celebrity, Author, founding partner of C-365, founder of the High–Performance Academy and the Women Who Dare Council. Connie has been highlighted in national publications showcasing her business acumen and drive to help C-Suite Executives and Entrepreneurial leaders achieve excellence in high-performance and Be Unstoppable Together.
Connie has been featured in numerous publications, online and live in studios across the globe including Fox56, NBC and ABC (affiliates), iTunes, SiriusXM, iHeart Radio, C-Suite Radio. Connie stars in her own shows as the producer and host of the Award-Winning Podcast Up or Out with Connie and the WWD (Women Who Dare Network). Working with many top names like the C-Suite Network, UPS, National Foundation Center, Coca-Cola, and many others as their high-performance expert. Connie received the Iconic Woman of the Year award for 2017-2018 and is the former CEO Girl Scouts of Penn’s Woods Council. Connie is asked to speak around the globe.